Monday, June 11, 2012

     Almost a year ago my husband and I were sitting in the ultrasound room waiting to hear the heartbeat of our second child. The doctor came in and started the internal ultrasound where we could see our little bean growing inside me.  It was so exciting to hear it's little heartbeat and see it on the monitor.  But what's this? The doctor says there is a second heart beat; this can't be right.  "Are you joking?" I ask the doctor about three times.  "Nope there's a second heartbeat, see the two sacks?"  I look at my husband with tears in my eyes; tears of joy, of fear, of confusion, of excitement.  We stare at each other with the same look on our faces then we look back to the monitor. It was true we were having twins!

     Month after month I watched them grow and still it was hard to believe.  With no fertility treatments or family history it was truly a miracle and meant to be.  There are a lot more things to worry about with a twin pregnancy but luckily I had no health problems.  Oh did I mention that I made it to 38 weeks which is considered full term for twins! I bet I could have made it to 40 but luckily they don't let you go that long because I was huge!
     This picture was taken at 37 weeks I believe, so....yeah. At about 33 weeks I was measuring as if I were full term with one baby.  And also at 33 weeks I was like "ok I'm done with this whole being pregnant thing!" I honestly didn't know how I could mentally and physically make it to 38 weeks. I got a lot of stretch marks from my first pregnancy so I thought "there's no way I could get more."  Oh boy was I wrong.  Somehow, I don't know how, but somehow your skin is able to create stretch marks on top of stretch marks.  My poor stomach will never be what it use to be but it was worth it in the end. This pregnancy was also a lot harder because I have a 2 year old. I know right? It was really hard to even get off the couch so I don't know how I even took care of her.  But hey she is still alive and thriving!

It's a girl and it's another girl! It was a shock that I was having two more girls, I thought for sure one was a boy but what do I know.  But I'm so happy that I have two more little princesses! I will write more about the day they were born in the next post.  I got two hungry babies to feed and a toddler who needs some attention!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That really is amazing! I do have twins in the family, so I wondered if it would happen to me, but alas no. You rock!

    ReplyDelete